Sunday 19 May 2013

I'm no extremist.


I really am not and never intended to be a raw food extremist when I first signed up for this Raw Food Course. If anything, I simply clicked the purchase button to which my credit card is conveniently linked upon reading this deal. I'd say I'm curious and really just beginning my journey of learning more about health and nutrition. Upon further research this week, I came across some negative reviews in regards to eating raw. You see apparently cold/raw food is hard to digest as the body has to heat the food up to  37 degrees before proper digestion can occur. In the process of your digestive system trying to digest the raw food, it can essentially only end up being able to do half the job its supposed to and therefore not even be able to absorb all the nutrients that are found in "raw foods". This would of course defeat the purpose of eating raw in the first place.

So, where does this leave me? 

Well. I still am keen to trial a 28 day dietary change of some sort. I think having this course will help keep me on track. I do not however intend to go 100% raw. In fact, the course does suggest you can try to just start switching one-two meals to be raw daily. So I think this is the approach I will use. I will try to incorporate other dietary changes I have been researching in regards to; limited sugar, gluten, processed foods, vegan etc and not have it be strictly limited to raw.

See, I'm no extremist. I will probably stuff up and fail on many occasions throughout the 28 days. But I'm willing to try something. And you've gotta start somewhere I guess.

*I haven't even ordered the necessary ingredients to begin this new diet anyways...so it will be another week until I can begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment